- ( ©INSIDEOUT Music 2000 )
- All of the Above 30:59 We All Need Some Light 5:45
Mystery Train 6:52
- My New World 16:16 In Held (Twas) In I 17:21
- The natural creativity of a true artist is based upon two things.
Firstly, there is the inspiration that comes from within, forged by inherited traits and
shaped by one's growth and involvement within their chosen field. On the other hand, there
is the spontaneous flow of ideas created by different artists inspiring each other at any
one time. The creation of S.M.P.Te., the debut album by
the exciting new project TRANSATLANTIC, was a direct result of all the
- Another super-group is born. And, this time it is for real! In all my experience with
music I have never before heard such a remarkable ensemble of truly gifted and visionary
musicians. Informally speaking, the shit blew me away, a thousand miles away!
- TRANSATLANTIC is a true fore-runner of the new movement in progressive
scene that has been apparent for quite some time now and is getting the wider recognition
just now. The project features guitarist, vocalist, keyboardist Roine Stolt, otherwise
known as the leading member of Scandinavian progressive rock outfit THE FLOWER
KINGS, keyboarder, vocalist, guitarist Neal Morse, a multi-talented driving force
behind the U.S. band SPOCK'S BEARD, extraordinary bass player Pete
Trewavas of legendary UK band MARILLION, and drum wizard Mike Portnoy of DREAM
- TRANSATLANTIC fuses the best from all the four basic bands of the
members. The poetic and mesmerising power of THE FLOWER KINGS, the highly
expressive musical bravado of SPOCK'S BEARD, the pulsating and
revitalised sharpness of DREAM THEATER, and the real experience of MARILLION.
Fusing all of this into something that soon becomes larger than all of the components
- It is always hard to review or describe a piece of music that I feel emotionally
connected to. I cannot fully emphasise the vast expanse of musical ideas that this album
brings forth. Each member shines with his own light, contributing a huge portion of fresh
and innovative expression, just to mention the beautiful vocal scope of Neal Morse and
Roine Stolt, their ingenious guitar work, intricate melodies, fine solos, a steady but
pounding and surprising rhythm section where Pete shows a rather curious approach to
playing bass, and the always captivating Mike on drums and percussion.
- Once again, this is definitely the biggest progressive album of the nineties beating all
other contenders with the greatest of ease. My personal favourites on this album is
definitely My New World which is the optimal representation of this super-group.
Hope this isn't an one-album project.
- If you are serious about listening to progressive rock then TRANSATLANTIC
is the best choice, highly recommended and an absolute must!
- Hats off to INSIDEOUT Music for having an appreciation for such visionary music.